- A case of road accident has registered in Traffic PS. Today morning near G.T.Circle of Madikeri Town, when the complainant K K Purushothama of Jenukolly Paisari was going somewhere beside the road along with one Veerappa, the accused motor bike rider Nachappa rode his motor bike bearing No.KA-12-J-1808 in rash and negligent manner and dashed to Purushothama from back side. As the result, both complainant Purushothama and accused Nachappa were sustained injuries and shifted to District hospital for treatment.
Illegal possession of liquor, on arrested
- A case of illegal storage of liquor has registered in Siddapura PS. Today morning, on receiving the information about illegal possession of liquor , the PSI Amanulla conducted a raid at Holamala of Chennanakote village and found the accused H K Amavase carrying 48 bottles liquor of 180 ml each worth Rs.1,920/- for selling purpose in a plastic bag without license. The PSI arrested the accused and seized the liquor bottles.
Illegal storage of illicit liquor & toddy, one arrested
- A case of illicit liquor and storage of toddy has reported in Madikeri Rural PS. On receiving the information about storage of illicit liquor, the Police Inspector N Mahesh of Lottery & Excise Prohibition Cell conducted a raid on the house of accused Kondala Palangappa of Devastur village. During the raid the police have found 5 liters of toddy and one liter of illicit liquor stored in his cow shed without license for selling purpose. The police arrested Kondala Palangappa and seized the liquor.
Assault due to trivial issue, one injured
- A case of hurt has registered in Virajpet Rural PS today. On 29/01/2009 night at V Badaga village, when the complainant K Kalaiah was basking himself with fire, the accused Shivanna came there and quarreled with him for silly reasons and assaulted on Kalaiah with sickle. As the result, Shivanna sustained injuries.
Coffee stolen worth Rs.33,000/-
- A case of theft has registered in Ponnampet PS. On 06/01/2008 the complainant Adengada T Vijayakumar had been to Bangalore for his personal work. In this time, the accused persons Kicherira Nanjappa, Ramesh and Theethira Manu were committed theft of 53 bags of coffee from the drying yard of Vijayakumar worth Rs.33,000/-. When Vijayakumar returned from Bangalore, found the coffee stolen by the accused persons. On his complaint the Ponnampet police registered the case and took up investigation.
- A case of wrongful restraint has reported in Madikeri Rural PS. On 26/01/2009 at Hoddur village, when the complainant A M Annaiah went to his house with his wife in his car, his son, accused A Chinnappa restricted his entry into his own house.